La Pousse en Claire | Marennes Oléron oysters
Red Label «Pousse en Claire» is an exceptional product of which the oyster farmers are particularly proud.
For a long time these oysters were only sold to certain privileged clients. Today this top-of-the-range oyster, the spearhead of the Marennes Oléron industry, is produced by a few specialised professionals.
Cultured at a very low density (maximum five animals per square metre) in the claire where it stays for four to eight months, it grows forming characteristic coruscated growth lines on its shell.
During its time in the claire the oyster produces a firm, abundant flesh with the notable flavour of the region, long on the palate.
Studies of the flavour of these oysters have revealed the sensory structure of the taste and recognise it as the archetype of the Marennes Oléron range.
This is the oyster for grand occasions.
- Method of production Cultured in claires for a minimum of four months, five animals per m2 maximum. Seasonal sale only, special preparation and packaging
Abundant flesh, ivory coloured mantle
Green or white gills
Agreeable odour of the claire water and algae
Finished aroma and flavour, typical of the region
Predominant sweet flavour
Firm consistency, biteable
Very long on the palate
- Consumer Lovers of good fleshy oysters with a pronounced flavour, long on the palate
IGP Certification | All Marennes Oléron oysters are
- Cultured on the French Atlantic coast
- Finished or cultured in claire ponds in the Marennes Oléron basin
- Certified by an independent inspector
- Quality controlled by the quality service and independent inspector